- Release Notes
Deskpad Revision History
Version 0.99d Beta, released 2013-07-20 (64-bit Linux only)
- Fixed missing libraries in install file.
Version 0.99c Beta, released 2013-06-01 (all platforms)
- After a recent Springpad update, new checklists weren't getting their
checklist items; now they will again.
- Fixed debug warnings when opening the right-click menu in a notebook.
- Fixed a sizing problem with the date/time entry window.
- Fixed an error message on exit.
- Minor internal fixes.
Version 0.99b Beta, released 2013-03-25 (for Windows)
- Corrected problems with configuration dialog under Windows.
- Preliminary version of new look!
Version 0.99a Beta, released 2013-02-11 (for the Mac)
- The first Mac version!
- Mostly internal improvements to the code, for Mac compatibility and in
preparation for upgrading the look.
Version 0.99 Beta, released 2012-12-05
- Added viewing/editing support for Files, Photos, and Videos. (Files and Photos can't be uploaded yet.)
- Added support for sorting by Due Date, Type, and Tags.
- Corrected minor bugs in year editing.
- Added code-signing certificate to the Windows version, to avoid warnings and help reassure suspicious antivirus programs that it is legitimate.
Version 0.98 Beta, released 2012-10-07
- Added viewing/editing support for Movies, TV Shows, and Wines.
- Added configuration options dialog.
- Added ten-second delay to initial sync, to prevent an unresponsive user interface during startup.
- Improved error-handling code to prevent crash when a previous crash stored malformed data.
- Pull-down lists on the Edit Recipe dialog are now filled with previously-entered information, rather than unchanging lists of data.
- Improved the update-available dialog. Now offers to show you what has changed, as well as downloading the new version.
- Fixed a bug when using an SSL connection via an HTTP proxy.
- Fixed a multithread proxy bug in the Linux version.
- Fixed a bug causing themes not to get downloaded on the initial run.
- Fixed a timing bug which would cause auto-syncs not to happen as soon
as they should.
Version 0.97e Beta, released 2012-09-19
- Fixed bug in new proxy support that could cause crashes when trying to download in the background (for example, when downloading backgrounds on a new system).
- Fixed bug in Linux version that would cause it to sync many times with no delay between them.
- Fixed lockup when trying to render a background file that hasn't been downloaded yet.
- Background downloads that previously failed are now retried when the program is restarted.
- Background downloads are now delayed if the program starts in offline mode, and restarted when it is put back online.
- If you start the program in offline mode, authorization would fail with a misleading error. It will now ask to go online instead.
- Improved and greatly expanded logging system.
Version 0.97d Beta, released 2012-09-10 (Linux) and 2012-09-16 (Windows)
- Added viewing/editing support for Recipes and Books.
- Added support for HTTP, SOCKS4a, and SOCKS5 proxies, and partial support for SOCKS4 proxies.
- Extended "offline" setting to affect background downloads as well. Program now cannot initiate a connection when set to offline mode, for any reason; however, existing connections are not terminated when program goes offline.
- On the Linux versions, the libboost_* libraries are now static-linked.
This should allow it to work on the Ubuntu 12.10 beta, and should help
it to work on non-Debian distributions as well.
Version 0.97c Beta (Windows only), released 2012-08-24
- Fixed critical display bug on purchased copies.
- Internal improvements in preparation for adding proxy support.
Version 0.97b Beta, released 2012-08-24
- Fixed a rare problem with JSON parsing.
- Fixed a difficulty with entering keys, and with the Linux version properly recognizing when a key is bad.
- Purchase dialog now resizes better, enter-key box now larger.
- Internal build system improvements.